My Travel Bucket List

My Travel Bucket List

This week instead of doing a TBT travel post I thought I’d do more of a Travel Bucket List of where I really really want to go to one day. If you do want to check out my TBT series you can do so here.

I get terribly itchy feet when I don’t have any trips planned, my absolute worst nightmare is having to stay put in England all year, don’t get me wrong England is great but I want to see more and go to more places that I haven’t already visited. At the moment all my trips seem to be focussed on visiting one city at a time which is great, I love exploring new urban settings, especially those with a bit of history about them, but I do want to do some more long haul trips in the future. So far this year I’m due to go to Prague, Budapest and London which I am so excited about but I also really want to visit the following places eventually.

FullSizeRender-6

The aim is to have scratched off the whole map one day!

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

I always have my pot of travel savings so that I can save up Euros for my trips!

1. Starting off with a near one, and for some people this might not sound adventurous or original but I am desperate to spend St Patrick’s Day in Ireland! I’ve never been to Ireland but it just looks like so much fun maybe for a weekend away (although I won’t be drinking Guinness ) and what better time to go than to the biggest party of the year.
  2. Next up and slightly further afield is Iceland, specifically the Blue Lagoon. We’ve all seen the photos it looks gorgeous and so tranquil. I’m hoping to go there, maybe as soon as next year but I want to do a bit of research into when is the best time of the year to visit and where else to visit on the trip before booking anything, so if anyone has any suggestions leave a comment below.
  3. Another city, oooops. Copenhagen. I am desperate to go to Denmark, especially after reading The Little Book of Hygge! The city just looks so chilled and picturesque, so hopefully this one will get ticked off the list. I think this would be a nice summer destination with all the multi-coloured houses in the sun for a few days or a week away.
  4. Now we’re getting a bit further away. It is one of my goals in life to visit South Africa, there are so many beautiful sights but I especially want to go on a Safari to get up close with the animals which are endangered and are protected in National Parks. Anyone that knows me will know how much I love Elephants so the chance to see them in the wild would be incredible.
  5. Finally and this is the big one, if I go nowhere else on this list, I’d want to go to this one, and that is South-East Asia. My aim is to go on a long backpacking trip through multiple nations including Laos, Cambodia and down into Thailand and Malaysia. I know this is the most unrealistic goal of the whole list but if I don’t manage it I’ll be distraught. I read so many travel blogs and watch loads of travel vlogs as well and I love how beautiful and unexplored some areas of Asia are, especially those off the beaten track. I feel like I would gain so much from the experience (not to sound too ‘enlightened’), especially as it might force me to stop being a fussy eater.

IMG_2830

So there’s my little Bucket List, do we share any dream destinations? Do you have suggestions of places to visit, let me know I’m all ears.

Meg x

1. March 30, 2017 / 5:37 pm

Love Iceland. The Blue Lagoon is best seen in winter. Less crowded😉☺ x

• March 30, 2017 / 5:40 pm

Also spend a couple of days in Reykjavik as it’s wonderful, do the Golden Circle tour and if you go in winter you have a good chance of seeing the Northern Lights☺ xx

• March 30, 2017 / 5:42 pm

Wow sounds amazing Thankyou! My auntie mentioned Reykjavik as well so will deffo be looking into it! X

• March 30, 2017 / 5:44 pm

No problem. I’m doing a series of posts about Iceland atm which might be helpful for you😊 xx

• March 30, 2017 / 5:45 pm

oooh cool I’ll be sure to check them out, thanks again! x

• March 30, 2017 / 8:14 pm

It just looks so gorgeous and with friendly people x

2. March 30, 2017 / 9:10 pm

I’d love to visit both Iceland and South Africa. They’re two of my dream destinations 😊

• March 30, 2017 / 10:52 pm

It looks stunning doesn’t it!

3. March 31, 2017 / 4:53 am

I also would love to go to Iceland. Lately, I’ve been reading quite a few blogs about people’s times there (most recently A Beautiful Thing 🙂 ). I never knew how beautiful it was. I’d love to go there one day.

• March 31, 2017 / 6:53 am

Yeah I’m the same I’ve only just realised how gorgeous it is and I think it would be a great trip, I’ve also seen a lot of photography that I keep looking at haha!

4. April 2, 2017 / 3:18 pm

Hello, I am from the Philippines. I am excited for when you come to Asia someday! There are lots of amazing travel destinations here, not just in my country but in the entire Southeast Asia as well.

Love your blog! Cheers to your wanderer soul. 💕

5. April 3, 2017 / 2:03 am

That map is amazing!! Where did you get it from? xx

• April 3, 2017 / 9:05 am

Thanks it’s from Amazon but you can also get them in urban outfitters there’s 2 sizes this is the smaller one xx

6. June 27, 2017 / 10:24 pm

Iceland is amazing, been there twice and it’s still as fascinating! Copenhagen is a cute city but it is sooooo expensive, especially food! And Thailand is the top relaxing holiday, I’d love to go back and explore more of South-East Asia next time! x

• June 27, 2017 / 11:00 pm

I’ve heard so many good things about Iceland! Aaaah that’s good to know and yeah Thailand just looks like paradise! x

7. September 12, 2017 / 4:47 pm

Nice!!I have posted my bucket list too 🙂 Have a look! moreplanesthantrains.wordpress.com/2017/09/01/this-is-why-i-love-bucket-listsyou-should-have-one-too/